Muslim Community Lobby Ireland is an independent organization established 1st May 2007. Its motto is TO USE THE VOTE RIGHTLY AND TO RAISE THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY AWARNESS WITH THEIR RIGHTS AND TO PROMOTE TOLERANCE AND UNDERSTANDING OF OTHER EXISTING GROUPS. لترشيد استعمال الصوت الانتخابي ولتوعية وتعريف المسلمين بحقوقهم في ايرلندا وان يعيشوا بتفهم للواقع وللجماعات الاخرى الموجودة على الساحة
Friday, May 25, 2007
The Muslim Lobby 1st meeting 7th May 2007
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Time of Election is Time of Concession”
The first meeting was conducted yesterday with the presence of the following:
Dr NooH ElGedo
Shiekh Yahyah Alhusaini
The meeting opened with Br Michael reflecting on the Muslims in America where they have the organisation CARE which is representing the Muslims in America and how they are active in pursuing their own rights. Also a mention of the strongest lobby in America which is the Ak or what is known to us as the Jewish lobby.
then suggestions where invited from those present and everyone mentioned points. The following are minutes of the meeting:
1. We need Press Complaint Officer.
2. Individual community needs should be the issue for voting for each Muslim locality in the constituency.
3. Investing in establishing good and effective relations with politicians. We need to support them so they will support us.
4. On the long run we should aim at the long time process to succeed to find working strategy for certain areas of interest.
5. We should give e.g. votes and support before demand or requesting politicians to do things for us.
6. We suppose to ask for our own rights this implies that we don’t have to involve ourselves in politics.
7. Voting for the right candidate is essential so we encourage people to read the manifesto of the party.
8. Muslims in Ireland have less problems than the rest of the world therefore time personal contact and right candidate must be approached.
9. Encourage Muslim people to involve in different parties in the country.
10. The Muslim Lobby is only representing those believe in the idea.