Muslim Community Lobby Ireland is an independent organization established 1st May 2007. Its motto is TO USE THE VOTE RIGHTLY AND TO RAISE THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY AWARNESS WITH THEIR RIGHTS AND TO PROMOTE TOLERANCE AND UNDERSTANDING OF OTHER EXISTING GROUPS. لترشيد استعمال الصوت الانتخابي ولتوعية وتعريف المسلمين بحقوقهم في ايرلندا وان يعيشوا بتفهم للواقع وللجماعات الاخرى الموجودة على الساحة
Friday, May 25, 2007
Voting in the General Election 24th May 2007
To vote you should have Irish passport or British Passport although they might not ask you for it.
Some people asking how should they vote.
There is no one will tell you to vote for this or that as it is your own choice and right to give your vote to whom you want and also you can abstain if you want to.
But for those who are voting they may consider Individual community needs which will be the issue for voting for each Muslim locality in each constituency.
Example points to be discussed with your electorate before giving him your vote:
· There are some schools in Ireland which are not accepting Muslim children their reason
Being that Muslim children should be minded while the rest of children in the church and they would not have enough staff plus don’t have insurance to be left alone while the teachers in the church.
The school under Catholic administration, it is easy to accept an immigrant child of Catholic background while some schools rejecting Muslim children.
(This might goes for Protestant Hindu and other religions.)
· Jobs: there are many jobs but there is some under surface racism that needs to be addressed and eliminated.
· Muslim social and cultural site and a place of worship or a piece of land to erect a mosque and cultural building in the locality. It might not easy to establish but a good try.
· Parents of immigrants can’t be granted visa easily to come to visit their son or daughter and their grand children.
· Not many immigrants from Muslim background are employed in government circles although they are paying taxes and have higher degrees.
· Immigrants are faced with PD minister who is restricted visas and giving immigrants hard time.
· Students graduated from Irish university have no rights to apply for full resident visa although they have the right to stay and work in the country.
There are some electorate who pledged to help the Muslims in Ireland in various constituencies.
If you have any comment please let us know .